What called for this decission is still only to be speculated upon. The Saudi Gazette reports the following:
France to block further demos against anti-Islam film Last Updated : Sunday, September 16, 2012 5:43 PM PARIS —
France’s interior minister said Sunday he will prevent any further anti-US demonstrations sparked by an anti-Islam film that has triggered sometimes deadly protests across the globe.
The warning came a day after police in Paris detained around 150 people for taking part in an unauthorized, impromptu protest near the US embassy that saw three officers slightly hurt after a number of clashes. «I have issued instructions so that this does not happen again,» Interior Minister Manuel Valls told France 2 television. «These protests are forbidden. Any incitement to hatred must be fought with the greatest firmness.»
Valls said that among the roughly 250 protesters on Saturday there were some groups that «advocate radical Islam,» but they were not representative of the moderate Islam practiced by most Muslims in France.
France is home to Europe’s largest Islamic community, with at least four million Muslims in the country. A wave of anti-American protests erupted across the globe last week over the US-made «Innocence of Muslims» film which has offended many Muslims because of its insulting depiction of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). — AFP